Friday 21 December 2012

The Handmaids Tale by Margaret Atwood

So boring!!! What the heck. By the end of the book, I still didn't truly understand the sole purpose/point and concept of the novel and finished it unsatisfied. I feel with a little more explanation of the whole idea, regulations and laws of the society, it would be clearer to understand. 
To me, Atwood wrote this a little too vaguely for my taste and didn't thoroughly explain enough leaving me as the reader having to guess at things I shouldn't have.

 Really, I don't know what to say because I do think this whole book is very conceptual and interesting however the way it is written made me want to have it finished it asap. Perhaps i'll revisit this book in the future when I might be able to identify with the protagonist a little more and may come back here with a different opinion. 




~Alisha

No comments: