Wednesday 10 July 2013

Troubles and Treats (Chocolate Lovers, #3) by Tara Sivec

Troubles and Treats (Chocolate Lovers, #3)

Rating: 4.5*


I don't think I've ever read anything like this before. Everyone who has read Tara Sivec's Chocolate Lovers books will agree that she is an absolute comedy genius!

I braced myself. I have a weird dry sense of humour and don't find things funny that most people do, so I was hoping that the humour in this book would not becheesy or not funny. 
Thank God it wasn't. I am so impressed! I was laughing my head off within the first few pages; if I remember rightly, it was at a Spongebob and Jellyfishin' reference. 

There was not moments in the story where the comedy died down either. I didn't stop laughing, even when reading it on my Kindle on the bus in the city to get to my job interview. I seriously had to reign my laughter in a notch. 

The character development was phenomenal. These characters are so fleshed out. I haven't actually read the first two books of the series yet so the characters were all new to me but every single one of them had depth and a distinct personality. I completely believe that they were inspired by real life people because they are so dimensional and I looooove realistic and believable characters.

Being in Drew's head was hilarious. Usually I find crude humour to be distasteful but this was just brilliant. Jenny's dizziness but also bossiness was also a great blend. I could read quotes from the story every day, just to get a kick out of them. The whole group of characters and relationships between them reminded me ofFriends but somewhat funnier.

My only main criticism was that the epilogue was unexpectedly throw-up-in-your-mouth cheesy and a tad cliche, but I suppose it's purpose was to conclude the trilogy.

This story was a really nice change to other's that I've read. I have never laughed so much at words on paper! I didn't even think it was possible for me.

No comments: