Saturday 22 December 2012

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Wowowowoww. I LOVED the first book but loved this one even more!! Super hot character Tobias- what a dream. I love how Roth has developed the characters from fresh new comers to Dauntless unaware of the revolution of their world to heroes and heroins, especially Tris. Also, during the development of Tris's character through this book, I feel like 1/3 of the way through she kind of lost the plot and was slightly suicidal. That was quite sad but interesting. Of course, near the end she was okay; a brave, perceptive, smart and courageous soul. 



If you loved Divergent, it's definitely a good idea to follow the journey through on to the second book of the series. I found it to be even better than the first one, in fact so much so that I read it in one and a half days; I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. It is a lot more fast paced and you really get to see a different side to all of the characters involved, especially Tobias as he and Tris' relationship is put through strains caused by dishonesty and unloyalty. These two are both deeply challenged with the return of Tobias' long lost mother and loathed abusive father.

I'd love to know what other people think about these books and others so please feel welcome to post comments and let me know what YOU think.

Recommend for a 5* read. 

-Alisha.

No comments: